Durham, DOT mull fixing drain that flooded businesses
The state Department of Transportation said Wednesday that it is waiting on the city of Durham to submit new plans to fix a storm drain that flooded from heavy rains this weekend.Posted — Updated
Scott Howell, who owns Nana's Restaurant and an adjacent office building on University Drive, said he signed a contract with the city in 2008 to have a culvert in front of his property fixed and the storm drain rerouted.
He said that, although he had already made an initial payment of $1,837, the work has not yet been started.
A city spokeswoman said Sunday that a pending permit from the DOT was the reason for the delay, but DOT officials said Wednesday that it had some concerns with the initial plans submitted by the city two years ago.
The DOT said it is waiting on the city to draw up new plans.
Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.