Duke workshops focus on healthy eating, home exercise, spider veins, more
Posted August 22, 2011 3:30 p.m. EDT
Duke Medicine's Teer House has some upcoming workshops that I thought I'd note.
Here they are:
- Plastic Surgery: Exploring Cosmetic Options is from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Aug. 24. Discover how body sculpting and breast contouring could enhance your appearance.
- Varicose and Spider Veins: Prevention and Treatment is 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Aug. 29. Get tips for preventing varicose and spider veins, options for cosmetic or medical treatment, and differences in treatment facilities.
- Promising News on Personalizing Breast Cancer Treatments is 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Sept. 7. Hear what every woman needs to know about breast cancer in the age of personalized medicine.
- Practical Nutrition for Busy Families is from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Sept. 13. Create quick, nutritious budget friendly meals the whole family will enjoy. Does not include a cooking demonstration.
- Home Exercise 101 is from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Sept. 19. Discover exercises that need little or no equipment for a no excuse workout at home. Come ready to participate!
Registration is required either online at www.dukehealth.org or by calling 1-888-ASK-DUKE (1-888-275-3853). Teer House is a comprehensive educational resource within the Department of Clinical Education and Professional Development for Duke University Health System.