Go Ask Mom
Duke workshops focus on healthy eating, home exercise, spider veins, more
Pratical Nutrition for Busy Families and Home Exercise 101 are among the topics at upcoming Duke Medicine workshops.Posted — Updated
By Sarah Lindenfeld Hall
Duke Medicine's Teer House has some upcoming workshops that I thought I'd note.
Here they are:
- Plastic Surgery: Exploring Cosmetic Options is from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Aug. 24. Discover how body sculpting and breast contouring could enhance your appearance.
- Varicose and Spider Veins: Prevention and Treatment is 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Aug. 29. Get tips for preventing varicose and spider veins, options for cosmetic or medical treatment, and differences in treatment facilities.
- Promising News on Personalizing Breast Cancer Treatments is 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Sept. 7. Hear what every woman needs to know about breast cancer in the age of personalized medicine.
- Practical Nutrition for Busy Families is from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Sept. 13. Create quick, nutritious budget friendly meals the whole family will enjoy. Does not include a cooking demonstration.
- Home Exercise 101 is from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Sept. 19. Discover exercises that need little or no equipment for a no excuse workout at home. Come ready to participate!
Registration is required either online at www.dukehealth.org or by calling 1-888-ASK-DUKE (1-888-275-3853). Teer House is a comprehensive educational resource within the Department of Clinical Education and Professional Development for Duke University Health System.
Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.