Cumberland approves $484 million county budget
Posted June 10, 2014 9:26 p.m. EDT
Fayetteville, N.C. — Cumberland County commissioners on Tuesday approved a $484 million budget that includes slight funding increases for education and maintains the county's property tax rate.
Cumberland County Schools will receive $762,207, a 1 percent increase from last year's budget.
Other budget highlights:
- The property tax rate will remain at 74 cents per $100
- County employees will not receive a raise but the budget includes $1.2 million for increasing medical insurance costs
- Four part-time deputies will be hired for courthouse security
- $913,120 for salaries and operating costs for the Cumberland County jail expansion
- The purchase of 24 vehicles, five of which will be hybrids