Crispy pig ears recipe from Oak Steakhouse Raleigh
Posted October 24, 2019 11:32 a.m. EDT
Raleigh, N.C. — Ingredients
- 1 1/2 pounds pig ears (about 5 or 6)
- Dash of salt
For the sauce:
- 1 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Place pig ears in cold water with a dash of salt.
- Bring the pot to a simmer and simmer for 4-5 hours or until tender.
- Once tender, drain the pot and let the pig ears cool.
- Juliennne the pig ears and coat them in cornstarch
- Fry in 350-degree oil until crispy.
- For the sauce, bring the fish sauce, water and brown sugar to a simmer and reduce until syrup.
- Toss the crispy pig ears in syrup.
- Top with fried garlic, chili, cilantro or sesame seeds and serve with a lime.