Crews Battle Apex House Fire
A fire broke out at a house in Apex late Sunday morning, officials said.Posted — Updated
APEX, N.C. — An Apex family will not be home for the holidays after a fire broke out at their house late Saturday morning.
Crews were called out to a house fire at 1106 Maubrey Court shortly before noon. First responders said the two-story structure was heavily engulfed in smoke and flames.
The fire started in the kitchen and then spread upstairs, officials said. Most of the damage was to the interior of the home, including two bedrooms.
No one was injured in the fire, and friends will be housing the affected family, officials said.
The home was up for sale at the time of the fire.
Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.