Wake County Public Libraries just made it easier to check out books from the library.
Last week, the library system expanded its well-loved Books on the Go service to seven days a week and added more hours to more closely line up with its regular operating hours.
“We are thrilled with the success of the Books on the Go service, and we’re excited to offer additional opportunities for our customers,” said Ann Burlingame, deputy director of Wake County Public Libraries, in a press release. “We know people are anxious to get back in their library, and we are gratified that this service will allow us to fulfill the library’s mission ‘to instill the love of reading and foster the pursuit of knowledge for the residents of Wake County.’”
The service, which lets library patrons request books online and pick them up at a scheduled time once they are available, has proved popular. Since June 15, when the program started, people have requested 491,149 items. Because multiple books can be picked up at the same time, people have made 110,004 appointments to get their requested materials. That averages out to 1,930 appointments per day. Checkouts have totaled 352,901, with an average of 6,191 per day, according to the press release.
With the updated schedule, Books on the Go is now available during the following hours:
- Sunday, 1-5 p.m.
- Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
The following libraries are participating:
- Cameron Village Regional Library
- Cary Regional Library
- East Regional Library
- Eva Perry Regional Library
- Fuquay-Varina Community Library
- Green Road Community Library
- Holly Springs Community Library
- Leesville Community Library
- Middle Creek Community Library
- North Regional Library
- Northeast Regional Library
- Richard B. Harrison Community Library
- Southeast Regional Library
- Wake Forest Community Library
- West Regional Library
Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.