Come play with Go Ask Mom at North Hills on June 15
Posted May 31, 2011 8:14 p.m. EDT
Updated June 1, 2011 1:36 p.m. EDT
It seemed like June was so far away when I was planning our events at North Hills Kids this season. And here we are in June!
Our next big event will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 15 at North Hills. And it's looking to be like our biggest event yet! Click here to see all the fun we had in April.
North Hills Kids offers free, fun activities for kids from April to August. Under the cover of tents in the Commons area next to Starbucks and Ben & Jerry's, North Hills lays out big foam blocks for the kids to play with. You'll find it from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Wednesday and Friday. (Hop over Sparian's Bowling Boutique, on the other side of North Hills, from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Thursdays for movies and indoor activities, though no bowling).
Go Ask Mom will be hosting the outdoor play area on June 15 and rounding up some other events too. I'm still finalizing it all, but here's a bit of what we have planned so far:
- Amazing Athletes, a sports and fitness program for kids, best for ages 2 1/2 to 6, will be there with a free class at 9 a.m. The program will focus on volleyball and tennis, along with some stretching and the always-popular parachute. It should last about 35 to 45 minutes.
- Stroller Strides will offer a free workout at 9 a.m. Designed for moms and their stroller-riding kids, the hour-long workout is great for all fitness levels.
- Lil' Chef, the north Raleigh cooking studio for kids that is opening up in North Hills this fall, will be there with a raffle and a kid-friendly, yummy and healthy snack/craft from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- The Wake County Sheriff's Department will return to offer free child IDs, which were very popular in April.
- Mix 101.5 WRAL-FM will be there all morning with giveaways. And Lynda Loveland will drop by after 11 a.m.
- Plus I'll bring snacks, crafts, giveaways and a little contest.
There will be more. So stay tuned for more details. Best of all, it's all free.
(And for the working moms out there, North Hills offers its beach music series from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Thursdays with a special dance floor just for kids. And Go Ask Mom will be at the Saturday morning farmers' market on Sept. 10).
Hope to see you there!