College scholarships available to recent Latino grads
Posted September 28, 2016 6:57 p.m. EDT
The North Carolina Hispanic College Fund (NCHCF) invites Latino students who have graduated from a North Carolina high school in the past two years to apply for scholarships worth between $500 and $2,500.
Recipients of a NCHCF scholarship must enroll in a degree program at a community college or a 2- or 4-year college/university and demonstrate commitment to public service and community development.
- Graduate of a NC high school within the past 2 years
- A four-year cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale
- 2 letters of recommendation from a high school teacher, principal, pastor, employer, or other community leader
- An official high school transcript
- Personal statement (500 words)
Hispanic students that plan to enroll at a North Carolina community college or a university to pursue the fields of electrical, mechanical, nuclear, chemical or civil engineering are encouraged to apply to the Duke Energy engineering scholarship available within the fund. To apply, submit an official NC Hispanic College Fund application and be sure to mark the "Duke Energy Scholarship" box.
Applications must be received by January 15, 2017. For more information or to download an application form for the North Carolina Hispanic College Fund, please visit our website at http://www.thencshp.org. We encourage all eligible Hispanic students to apply!