Coats for the Children: How to Donate
Posted November 10, 2007 1:09 p.m. EST
Updated February 13, 2018 2:15 p.m. EST
There are three ways to donate:
1. Drop off used, clean coats
Bring coats to participating Jiffy Lube and Capital Bank locations in Apex, Cary, Chapel Hill, Clayton, Durham, Fayetteville, Fuquay-Varina, Garner, Goldsboro, Morrisville, Oxford, Pittsboro, Raleigh, Sanford, Siler City, Spring Lake, Wake Forest, Wilson and Zebulon.
Find the location nearest to you.
2. Make a monetary donation online with PayPal
3. Send a check
Checks should be made payable to The Salvation Army at:
P.O. Box 12000
Raleigh, N.C. 27605
What a donation will buy:
- $85: Complete winter outfit
- $75: New, warm coat
- $25: Sweatpants and sweatshirt
- $20: One pair of shoes
- $15: Five pairs of socks or tights, or one sweater, or one pair of jeans
- $10: One pair of slippers and one pair of socks or up to six pairs of underwear
- $5: One hat and one pair of mittens or gloves
Volunteer your time. It takes lots of people to help sort coats and other clothing. For more information on volunteering, call WRAL-TV Community Relations Director Loretta Harper-Arnold at 919-821-8652.