Chills and thrills: Halloween Best Bets
Posted October 28, 2014 12:18 p.m. EDT
Updated October 29, 2014 8:57 a.m. EDT
Raleigh, N.C. — There is a whole weekend full of Halloween events coming up. Here are our picks:
Carolina Nightlife's Crawl-o-Ween Bar Crawl offers two routes, drink specials, no cover charges and prizes. Tickets are $10 in advance and $20 at the door. Both routes start at Napper Tandy's.
Enjoy a night of art and magic at Reggie Fest: Halloween Beer Bar and Magic at the NC Museum of Art. There will be curated talks, magic tricks, DJs and beer, including a featured brew by Fortnight Brewing. Admission is free.
Downtown Raleigh masquerades: Common 414 and G105 are hosting masquerade balls Friday night.
Motorco's biggest party of the year is Motorco Halloween, featuring DJs, costume contests and crazy good fun in downtown Durham. Tickets are $7 for members and their guests. Nonmember tickets are $10, which include a lifetime membership.
Draft Line Brewery in Fuquay-Varina presents Halloween at the Boo-ery. There will be costume contests, live music, and trunk-or-treating for the kids. They are also collecting nonperishable food items for the Holly Springs Food Cupboard. Admission is free.
Movies make for a fun Halloween:
- Nosferatu, The Cary Downtown Theater (Thursday, $5, with live music)
- The Bride of Frankenstein, The Cary Downtown Theater (Friday, $5)
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show at The ArtsCenter (Friday, $10 in advance) and The Rialto
- Annabelle, various locations
- Dracula Untold, various locations
- Halloween, various locations
- Saw and Saw 10th Anniversary screenings, various locations
There are so many Halloween events going on! Browse through more Halloween events.