Cary homes evacuated due to gas leak
Posted August 14, 2008 1:38 p.m. EDT
Updated August 14, 2008 3:28 p.m. EDT
Cary, N.C. — Residents were allowed back into their homes in the 200 block of Summerwinds Road after a gas leak prompted evacuations Thursday afternoon.
The leak occurred at Summerwinds Road and East Green Forest Drive.
About nine people were affected by the precautionary evacuation. They were being allowed to return just after 2 p.m.
Town of Cary spokeswoman Susan Moran said a four-inch gas line is located in the middle of the subdivision. Construction was being done in the area.
PSNC crews were working at the scene.
No injuries were reported.