Local News

Carbon monoxide leak leads to evacuation of Glenwood South building

Residents were evacuated from a building in the Glenwood South neighborhood Sunday afternoon following a carbon monoxide leak.

Posted Updated
Police car
By
Janine Bowen
, WRAL.com editor
RALEIGH, N.C. — Residents were evacuated from a building in the Glenwood South neighborhood Sunday afternoon following a carbon monoxide leak.

Authorities said firefighters responded to the area just before 1 p.m. and detected higher than normal levels of carbon monoxide in the 510 Glenwood South building.

Fire crews were unsure where the leak came from, but said the highest levels were found in the basement of the building.

Authorities were working to clear the carbon monoxide from the building late Saturday afternoon.

Image

 Credits

Kasey Cunningham, Reporter
Janine Bowen, Web Editor

Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.