Free personal finance clinics to be held Saturday
Posted April 28, 2011 10:16 p.m. EDT
Free clinics on personal finance will be held in eight cities across the state on Saturday as part of the Bankruptcy Section of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Financial Health Clinic Day.
The clinics will feature Certified Public Accountants and other financial professionals who will offer information and educational materials.
The Foreclosure Prevention office will assist those in foreclosure and Consumer Credit Counselors will offer information on budgeting, credit empowerment and debt counseling.
Bankruptcy, estate planning, tax and legal aid lawyers who are well versed in financial issues will also be on hand with free legal information and information about consumer rights and debt relief options.
Clinics will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the following locations:
- Asheville – United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County, 50 South French Broad Ave.
- Charlotte – Johnson C. Smith University, Business Administration "Family Dollar Room" (adjacent to the new residence hall) 100 Beatties Ford Road
- Durham – Center for Responsible Lending, 302 West Main St.
- Greensboro – Greensboro Cultural Center, 200 North Davie St.
- New Bern – Garber United Methodist Church, 4201 Country Club Road, Trent Woods
- Raleigh – Alexander Family YMCA, 1603 Hillsborough St.
- Wilmington - Self Help Credit Union, 272 North Front St.
- Winston-Salem - Forsyth Medical Conference Center, 3333 Silas Creek Parkway