Get inspired for the new school year with these back to school quotes: 27 motivational and funny quotes to get you in the school mood
Are you and your kids ready to go back to school? Use these back to school quotes to inspire and motivate your kids to do their best!Posted — Updated
Timeless back to school quotes for 2022
As children head back to school, many parents and teachers are likely encouraging their students to "get back to basics." Whether studying for tests, catching up on missed assignments, or simply spending time with friends, these back to school quotes offer encouragement and advice for students of all ages.
Inspirational back to school quotes
Motivation is half the battle when it comes to going back to school. As the summer comes to a close and children head back, parents get into a frenzy of last-minute shopping and preparation. Along with new clothes and school supplies, many parents take the time to stock up on inspirational quotes for their children.
Quotes can be a great way to start the day or to give kids something to think about before bed. They can provide reassurance during difficult times and remind kids of their potential. Here are a few inspirational back to school quotes that will inspire your children.
- "The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "You can't control the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails." - Jimmy Dean
- "Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
- “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” - Abraham Lincoln
- “The beginning is the most important part of the work.” - Plato
- “You’re off to great places. Today is your day!” - Dr. Seuss
- “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” - Albert Einstein
- “The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.” - Aristotle
- “Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.” - Oprah Winfrey
- "Intelligence plus character - that is the true goal of education." - Martin Luther King
- “You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” - Oscar Wilde
- "This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change." - Taylor Swift
- “If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.” - Ben Franklin
- "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandela
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Don’t try so hard to fit in, and certainly don’t try so hard to be different…just try hard to be you.” - Zendaya
- “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible!’” - Audrey Hepburn
Inspirational quotes are great, but sometimes you might need to lighten the mood a little bit. Back-to-school season is a time for new beginnings, fresh starts, and of course, plenty of laughter. These funny back to school quotes will help you get in the spirit of the new school year. Maybe they’ll make you laugh a little bit in the process.
- “I am not a teacher, but an awakener.” – Robert Frost
- “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” – William Butler Yeats
- “Respect your parents. They passed school without Google.” - Anonymous
- "First day of school! Wake up! Come on. First day of school." - Finding Nemo
- “If you think your teachers are tough, wait ‘til you get a boss.” - Bill Gates
- "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." - Dr. Seuss
- “There’s more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.” - Walt Disney
- "Work hard, nap hard." — Demi Lovato
- "When a teacher calls a boy by his entire name, it means trouble." — Mark Twain
- “Give a bowl of rice to a man and you will feed him for a day. Teach him how to grow his own rice and you will save his life.” - Confucius
Have these quotes helped get you and your kids ready?
While these quotes may not be able to magically prepare you and your children for the new school year, they can provide some comfort and motivation. Use these quotes as a source of strength as you and your family adjust to the new schedule. Be sure to also take some time to relax and enjoy the new school year!