Local News

Authorities: Pot on Stove Sparked Fatal Fire

A house fire that left four siblings dead last week started when a pot left unattended on a stove overheated, authorities said Monday.

Posted Updated
Switch to classic wral.com

LAURINBURG, N.C. — A house fire that left four siblings dead last week started when a pot left unattended on a stove overheated, authorities said Monday.

The Sept. 23 fire at a modular home off U.S. Highway 501 in Laurinburg killed 12-year-old Rasheem Williams, 10-year-old Jadeda Williams, 9-year-old Devon Williams and 3-year-old Brian Williams.

The four children died of smoke inhalation, authorities said.

Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

ImageFeedback