Authorities: NY brothers saved meth lab, let grandma die in fire
Two brothers from upstate New York are accused of leaving their grandmother to die in a fire while they saved drug paraphernalia instead.Posted — Updated
Jarrett and Justin Gause were charged Monday with manslaughter as prosecutors allege they left their 82-year-old grandmother during a house fire in May, according to NBC affiliate WETM.
Steuben County District Attorney Brooks Baker said the men went back into the home to save meth equipment and left Gladys Ann Willow inside while the house burned.
Rather than reporting the blaze to the fire department, Baker said, they left the scene to get cigarettes.
Jarrett and Justin Gause are also facing multiple reckless endangerment charges for the firefighters who responded and evidence tampering charges, WETM reported.