As magnet application deadline looms, Wake schools to host information sessions in January
Posted December 29, 2019 9:37 a.m. EST
Wake County Public School System will host a variety of parent information sessions in January for families contemplating their magnet school options.
Before you go to any of these session, make sure you know exactly which schools your child can attend based on your address. Wake County offers an easy lookup online. Just plug in your address.
Here's what's scheduled:
Parent Information Sessions
Two sessions will be held on Jan. 8 at district offices at 5625 Dillard Drive, Cary. The first takes place from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. The second is from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Both will cover the same material and address questions about elementary school to high school programs. That includes magnet and year-round options.
Magnet Elementary Schools Mini-Fairs
Meet with school staff, parents and teachers from participating schools. They take place 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
North Forest Pines Elementary, 11501 Forest Pines Drive, Raleigh – Jan. 8
Brier Creek Elementary, 9801 Brier Creek Parkway, Raleigh – Jan. 15
Magnet Middle School Information Session
Meet with representatives from the county's magnet middle schools. It takes place 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Holly Grove Elementary, 1451 Avent Ferry Rd. Holly Springs – Jan. 8. Schools attending: Carnage, Carroll, Centennial, Daniels, East Garner, East Millbrook, Moore Square, Reedy Creek
Year-Round Schools Open House
Here's what's scheduled to learn more about your year-round school options:
- Elementary Multi-track Year Round Schools - Jan. 7
- Middle Multi-track Year Round Schools - Jan. 14
Magnet High School Themes Showcase
- Broughton Magnet High School – Jan. 15 at 5:30 p.m.
- Millbrook Magnet High School – Jan. 15 at 6:30 p.m.
- Garner Magnet High School – Jan. 14 at 6:30 p.m.
- Enloe Magnet High School – Jan. 16 at 6 p.m.
The magnet and year-round application period ends Jan. 30. More information is on Wake school's website.