Amendment campaign notebook
Posted April 25, 2012 5:24 p.m. EDT
Updated April 25, 2012 5:30 p.m. EDT
Several smaller constitutional amendment stories have been making news over the past day or so:
- Supporters of the amendment have welcomed Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich's support for the amendment, via this video.
- Amendment opponents circulated an e-mail from North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper that called the amendment "unclear, unwise and unnecessary."
- A group of start-up company executives made their opposition to the amendment known.
- U.S. Sen. Kay Hagan recorded a video detailing her opposition to the marriage amendment.
- Finally, Democratic pollster Public Policy Polling released results today showing the amendment losing ground among North Carolinians. Click here for results.