Amber Alert canceled for two missing children
Posted July 22, 2010 7:23 a.m. EDT
Updated July 22, 2010 1:33 p.m. EDT
Bladenboro, N.C. — A North Carolina Amber Alert for two Columbus County boys was canceled Thursday morning after the children were located.
Authorities said they received a report at about 10:35 p.m. Wednesday that Jhamal Jakub White, 3, and Devion Kamail White, 2, had been abducted at gunpoint from the Mollie area of Columbus County by their father and a South Carolina man.
The father, D.B. Lewis White, 28, was the subject of a recent domestic violence protective order obtained by the boys' mother, authorities said.
Horry County, S.C., authorities assisted North Carolina law enforcement in checking possible locations for D.B. White, the children and the other man throughout the night and morning.
Columbus County Sheriff's Office detectives contacted White and his accomplice by phone at about 10 a.m. Thursday and were able to negotiate the safe release of the boys.
The boys were in an undisclosed safe location, authorities said.
This case remains under investigation to determine the appropriate charges, authorities said.