National News

Albany police identify three people fatally shot Tuesday night

Albany police dealt with a particularly violent Tuesday night, one that saw three shooting deaths and three other shooting injuries.

Posted Updated

Jon Gosa
ALBANY, GA — Albany police dealt with a particularly violent Tuesday night, one that saw three shooting deaths and three other shooting injuries.

Albany Police Department spokeswoman Phyllis Banks said early today that at 9:05 p.m. Tuesday, police were called to 2314 E. Alberson Drive where they found three deceased individuals - one female and two males.

According to Banks, Adrionna Holmes, a 26-year-old female, and two males Demarquis Williams, 25, and Tyquis Smith, 23, were all found dead inside the residence.

"All three individuals were shot and they will be going to the crime lab for an autopsy on Friday," Dougherty County Coroner Michael Fowler said.

According to reports, police also found two children in the residence, neither of whom had been harmed. Banks said the children were a 1-year-old girl and a 4-year-old boy.

According to Banks, more information would be released as soon as it was available.

That discovery was followed by three aggravated assaults involving firearm injuries.

The first was at 10:19 p.m. at 1117 Clark Ave. A 47-year-old man who works as a clerk at the convenience store was shot after a gunman tried to steal his car. There was no information on the condition of the clerk nor any word on any suspects or descriptions.

In an APD report by Officer Larry Jones, the officer said when he arrived at the Stop and Shop on Clark Avenue he made contact with Mukesh Pramar, who, he said, was bleeding "very heavily from his left hand and chest."

Jones said Pramar reported that he was sitting in his car, a white Dodge Challenger, when he was approached by two men who demanded the keys to his car.

"Pramar stated that one of the males attempted to snatch his vehicle key, but a struggle ensued," Jones wrote. "Pramar then stated that the older black male shot him twice."

Pramar told the officer he recognized both men, who he said "come into the store often," the report said. "Pramar advised that he was beginning to feel weak."

An EMS unit arrived, evaluated Pramar's injuries and transported him to the hospital, the report stated.

Jones wrote that he spoke with two men who were in the store at the time of the shooting, but each said he didn't see or hear anything. One said Pramar walked back into the store bleeding and told him he had been shot, the report said.

At 11:28 p.m., another shooting occurred, this time at 1654 McArthur St.

Banks said that a male, age unknown, was shot in the leg and that the condition of the male who was shot was unknown. There was no word on suspects.

Copyright 2023 by Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.