Local News

Air Problem at Durham Church Sends 2 to Hospital

Two people at a Durham church were taken to the hospital Friday as a precaution after a bad odor made them ill, police said.

Posted Updated
Switch to classic wral.com

DURHAM, N.C. — Two people at a Durham church were taken to the hospital Friday as a precaution after smelling a bad odor, police said.

The pastor and another person smelled the odor at Aldersgate United Methodist Church, at 1320 Umstead Road, and felt ill, so they contacted firefighters at Station 14 across the street.

Fire crews tested air quality, but found nothing abnormal. They recommended the church have its heating and air-conditioning system checked out.

 

Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

ImageFeedback