200,000 pounds of ham, pepperoni products recalled nationwide
Posted December 9, 2021 9:56 a.m. EST
Saint Clair Shores, Mich. — A meat producer is recalling some ham and pepperoni products because of possible bacterial contamination.
Alexander & Hornung, a business unit of the Perdue premium meat company based out of Michigan, is recalling 200,000 pounds of its sliced ham and pepperoni products over concerns those products could have listeria contamination.
The products were shipped to retail locations nationwide. No illnesses have yet been reported.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture posted a complete list of affected products with expiration dates along with a slideshow of photos showing all the labels.
The recalled products were produced on various dates and bear establishment number “EST. M10125” inside the USDA mark of inspection.
Brand names on the products include Alexander & Hornung, Wellshire, Food Club, Niman Ranch, Butcher Boy, Five Star Brand, Open Nature and Garrett Valley Farms.
The full list of products:
- Wellshire Wood Smoked No Carving Required Spiral Sliced All Natural Semi-Boneless Cooked Seasoned Uncured Ham, 6.25 lbs., 1/5/2022
- Wellshire Wood Smoked Semi-Boneless All Natural Cooked Seasoned Uncured Ham, 6.25 lbs., 12/15/2021
- Wellshire Wood Smoked No Carving Required Spiral Sliced All Natural Semi-Boneless Cooked Seasoned Uncured Ham, 12.5 lbs., 12/20/2021
- Wellshire Wood Smoked Semi-Boneless All Natural Cooked Seasoned Uncured Ham, 21.5 lbs. 12/10/2021
- Wellshire Wood Smoked No Carving Required Spiral Sliced All Natural Semi-Boneless Cooked Seasoned Uncured Ham, 6.25 lbs., 1/11/2022
- Alexander & Hornung Spiral Sliced Smoked Ham With Natural Juices, 16.36 lbs., 12/11/2021
- Alexander & Hornung Glazed Fully Cooked Spiral Sliced Honey Ham With Natural Juices Ready to Eat, 5.92 lbs., 5/24/2022
- Alexander & Hornung Boneless Ham Water Added Fully Cooked, 2.22 lbs., 3/6/2022
- Alexander & Hornung Super Trim Bone-In Ham Steak, 1.48 lbs., 12/25/2021
- Alexander & Hornung Fully Cooked Ready To Eat Ham With Natural Juices, 5.92 lbs., 12/26/2021
- Food Club Fully Cooked Spiral Sliced Ham With Natural Juices Honey Cured, 2.74 lbs., 2/22/2022
- Garrett Valley Farms All Natural Spiral Sliced Uncured Ham Fully Cooked Semi-Boneless, 6.25 lbs., 12/28/2021
- Butcher Boy Boneless Fully Cooked Ham Water Added, 8.24 lbs., 1/3/2022
- Niman Ranch All Natural Applewood Smoked Uncured Ham, 4 lbs., Pack date: 11/8/21
- Open Nature Spiral Sliced Seasoned Uncured Ham Semi-Boneless Cooked, 6.25 lbs., 1/7/2022
- Five Star Brand Pepperoni, 1 lb., 3/19/2022 17
- Big Y bone-in hickory smoked ham steak, 1.84 lbs., 12/24/2021
Consumption of the impacted products could cause listeriosis, a serious infection that primarily affects older adults, persons with weakened immune systems and pregnant women and their newborns. Less commonly, persons outside these risk groups are affected.
Consumers are encouraged to check refrigerators and freezers for the products, which should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
Consumers with food safety questions can call the toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline at 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) or live chat via Ask USDA from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday.