Triangle-area transit systems are asking the public to help the hungry with a “Stuff the Bus” food drive. The transit agencies will accept donations of non-perishable food and person hygiene items at five area locations on Wednesday. In return, donors get a coupon for use at Chick-fil-A or McDonald’s.
All donations benefit the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina.
- Chick-fil-a, 400 Fayetteville St. in Raleigh, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Chick-fil-A, Townridge Square, 6612 Glenwood Ave. in Raleigh, from 3:30 to 8 p.m.
- Cary Towne Center Mall, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m.
- McDonald’s, 102 Morgan St. in Durham, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Triangle Transit Regional Transit Center, 901 Slater Road in Durham, 7 to 9:30 a.m. and 3-6 p.m.
- canned meals (stews, soups, ravioli, etc.)
- peanut butter
- canned fruits and vegetables
- rice and pasta
- paper products
- feminine products
- infant products (diapers, wipes, formula)
- nutrition drinks (Ensure, Boost, etc.)