Are you struggling with the burden of debt or are you living comfortably within your means debt free? Or maybe you are somewhere in the middle.
Here's a chance to share your story of debt and help others in a new weekly series we'll be running.
The purpose of the series is to learn about ways to conquer debt, one day at a time, using real life examples - your examples.
We'll discuss each real life story and offer ways to help the writer get out of debt sooner, if applicable. For those who are already out of debt (or almost out of debt) this is a great way to help mentor those struggling and offer techniques that worked for you.
Each week, I will be posting a new debt story from one of our fellow readers. In a few weeks, I will post my own, as well.
Here's what I am asking of you.
I'd like you to send me an e-mail about your experience with debt and where you are now regarding that debt. Feel free to include any or all of the following details (or any additional information you would like to add).
Your story will be as anonymous as you would like. I can use your first name, initials, blog username, or just put "Anonymous" when I post your story. It's totally up to you.
If you are currently in debt:
* How did you end up in debt? (medical bills, purchases, job loss, divorce, etc)
* How much total debt do you have?
* What type of debt do you have (medical bills, credit card, loans, etc)
* What are you doing to pay off that debt?
* What is your time frame?
If you are debt-free:
* Were you ever in debt?
* How did you get into debt?
* How much debt did you have?
* How long did it take to pay it off?
* How did you do it? (Did you follow any programs like Financial Peace University or did you do it on your own?)
* What advice do you have for others in debt?
* What would you have done differently if you were beginning to pay off your debt again?
My hope is that enough of you will be willing to share your stories and help each other out that we will be able to post a new one each week until the end of the year.
You can send your stories to: firstname.lastname@example.org and I look forward to reading them!
My thanks in advance to everyone who is willing to participate!
Just to motivate you a little - the first person who sends me their debt story gets an envelope of coupons!