Youngsville man thankful despite house explosion
Posted November 5, 2014
Updated November 6, 2014
Youngsville, N.C. — Mike Oliver lost all of his possessions after he believes his home was destroyed by a propane tank explosion Wednesday night – but admits it could’ve been much worse.
Oliver was sitting in a back room inside his Youngsville home when he said an explosion propelled him into the air and set his house on fire.
He said he was thankful his wife and son were not home.
The explosion shook homes as far as a half-mile away, neighbors said.
Oliver said a gas company was in the area earlier in the day, but wasn’t sure why. His home has not run on gas since 2011, he said.
The incident is under investigation.