News

Wyoming third-graders exposed to bear spray on bus trip

Posted June 9

— A bus full of Wyoming third-grade students was evacuated Thursday afternoon when a chaperone's bear spray went off.

The Jackson Hole News & Guide reports (http://bit.ly/2r99Shz ) the Colter Elementary School students were on their way back from a trip to Grand Teton National Park when somebody accidentally kicked the bear spray can and it discharged.

Principal Bo Miller says a few students experienced intense skin irritation, but there were no serious injuries. Miller says the bus pulled over, evacuated and a replacement was sent to pick up the kids.

Jackson Hole fire and rescue personnel went to Colter and helped treat the students with the school's nursing staff.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all