WRAL apps for Roku, Amazon Fire TV and smart TVs
WRAL apps for Roku, Amazon's Fire TV and smart televisions provide a rich viewing experience, allowing viewers to stream WRAL News live and watch other live events, including Carolina Railhawks games.
Viewers also get direct access to weather forecasts, DUALDoppler5000 radar and popular features such as WRAL documentaries, Tar Heel Traveler and Restaurant Ratings, which is sure to appeal to cord cutters and others who have dropped cable and satellite TV subscriptions.
WRAL News streams live every weekday from 4:30 until 9 a.m., noon until 1 p.m., 4 until 6:30 p.m. and 10 until 11:30 p.m. Check the schedule page for when you can catch WRAL News on Saturdays and Sundays.
To download the WRAL app on to your Roku device, simply search for "WRAL" in the Roku Channel Store, or select "News and Weather" and look for the Big 5.
The app can also be installed directly to your device from the Roku Channel Store here: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/92207/wral
Amazon Fire TV
To download the WRAL app on to your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick, search for WRAL from the menu, look for the Big 5 and install the free app, or look for the app under the "News" category in the Amazon App Marketplace.
You can also install the app directly to your device from the Amazon app store here: http://www.amazon.com/Capitol-Broadcasting-Company-WRAL/dp/B01E4KAU5G
On the Samsung Smart TV:
- Press the diamond-shaped, rainbow-colored button in the center of the remote to launch the Smart Hub.
- On the Smart hub main page, you will see some popular applications pre-loaded like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc. that you can access directly.
- Use the arrow buttons to navigate. Choose “Samsung Apps.”
- You can sort apps by type – movies, games, information – or by most popular and latest releases.
- To find the WRAL app, you have two choices:
- Scroll down to the “information” category and press select (the center button between the arrow keys), then scroll down through the list of apps until you see WRAL News –or-
- Simply press select on the “Search” bar and a virtual keyboard will pop up. Type WRAL and press select. Then choose the WRAL News app to download.(Note: You can also search “Raleigh” or “Durham” to find the WRAL News app).
Once you have downloaded the WRAL News app, you can access it any time for the latest news, weather or additional WRAL content.
Use the Smart Hub button to open your app selections and use the arrows to choose WRAL News. If WRAL News does not appear on the main screen, move the cursor to the right to scroll through pages of your downloaded apps. Inside the WRAL News app, select a story to play the video or press the small red “A” button and it will automatically play all stories in order.
Samsung connected Blu-Ray players work in a similar fashion, except that there is no rainbow colored button. You simply access the main screen by hitting the "Smart Hub" button or the “Home” button, then scroll to "Apps."
On Yahoo! Enabled Connected TV [various makes and models. VIZIO is the biggest brand, but Sony and LG make some models as well.]:
- Press the Widget button and this will pull up a bar of downloaded (or pre-loaded) applications across the bottom of the screen.
- Next, you can scroll left or right to browse the pre-loaded apps, until you find the “connected TV store” button and select it.
- Then, scroll down and select “categories." Continue to scroll down to “local TV” and select. Once you have done that, you will scroll right (page by page) until you find the WRAL News app and select it for download.
Once it is downloaded, it will appear on your bar for easy access anytime you want it.
On Yahoo TVs, the app will only take up the left third of the screen. You will be able to continue watching TV or other content until you select a story to watch. Stories will open and play at full screen. When you are finished, press the widget button again anytime to exit or select the “close” button.
On GoogleTV devices, (such as Logitech Revue, Vizio CoStar and a number of connected Blu-ray players of various makers), accessing apps will vary by device and manufacturer. In many devices, it will be the main center button. On Blu-ray players it will also be prominent and may be called menu, home, hub, or something like that. Like the Yahoo platform, the main menu will only populate the left third of the screen while you search and select the app you want, then take over the full screen once selected.
- To find the WRAL app, scroll through the main menu to find the Google Play Store.
- Select the search button and a virtual keyboard will pop up. To find the app, spell out WRAL and select the WRAL News app. Once you've selected the app, it should download immediately.
- The app will be available on the main menu screen (scroll down to view all).
Just like the Samsung apps, once the app is launched, you can select individual stories or press the small red “A” button and play all.
Published: 2014-03-31 11:23:00
Updated: 2016-06-17 17:52:53