Cast your vote in the great bacon debate
Posted November 4, 2010
There's a battle brewing behind the scenes here at WRAL, and I need your help to finally put it to rest.
It all started yesterday when senior promotions producer Jay Yovanovich posted a simple question on Twitter: “Chewy bacon is better than crispy bacon. Who's with me?”
And with that, the great bacon debate erupted. The two camps formed quickly – Team Chewy and Team Crispy – each ferociously defending their bacon-cooking techniques.
Here are a few of the comments posted on Twitter:
- Y'all are crazy. Bacon is pork. Pork is meat. Meat should not be CRUNCHY!
- I don't get why one would partake in what is equal in taste and texture to the remnants of charcoal.
- Chewy bacon doesn't get stuck in your teeth.
- Chewy bacon requires less energy to cook and prepare, so it's better for the environment. Crispy bacon is wasteful.
- Bacon shouldn’t bend, it should shatter.
- Crispy bacon is the best; like potato chips but an even less healthful snack!
- Chewy bacon people scare me... it seems so wrong.
- There are two types of people – those who prefer chewy bacon and those who have tasted crispy bacon.