My first glimpse of Nelson Mandela's magnetic smile came that Sunday morning in early 1990, watching television coverage of his release from prison in South Africa. It's still hard to believe that, as he strolled with his wife through crowds of jubilant supporters, free for the first time in decades, I was only weeks away from seeing that smile in person.
WRAL reporter Tara Lynn has had her share of awkward moments on live TV. Recently, she has dealt with hiccups and a gnat flying in her eye. Today, she added something new to the list - losing a contact on the air.
Former WRAL Sports anchor Tom Suiter is joining an elite group of 10 people who will be inducted Nov. 14 into the Twin County Hall of Fame, which honors notable natives of Edgecombe and Nash counties.
WRAL Chief Meteorologist Greg Fishel has been elected as a Fellow of the American Meteorological Society - one of the organization's highest honors.
On Tuesday evening, WRAL will air "College $ports: #missionormoney," an interactive documentary hosted by Jeff Gravley examines the multi-billion dollar industry of big-time college sports, the influence of money on the game and whether reforms are needed to protect the integrity of the major academic institutions.
There are plenty of shows this week in the Triangle. Head out this evening and hear some great live music!
State lawmakers and Gov. Pat McCrory appear to be in agreement that they will increase teacher pay next year, but the legislative session is more than five months away and the details of the plan remain foggy.
- Our Five Faves
Five Faves: Best family holiday fun
Go Ask Mom shares her picks for family fun this holiday season in the Triangle.
Other Recent Blogposts
- WRAL WeatherCenter Blog: Comet ISON, 4.5 billion BC - Nov. 28, 2013
- WRAL WeatherCenter Blog: Sights abound in the Thanksgiving night sky
- WRAL WeatherCenter Blog: Comet, space station should be visible early Monday
- Bill Leslie's Carolina Conversations: Scotland's natural world is transforming experience [Watch Video]
- Bill Leslie's Carolina Conversations: Return to the Isle of Skye: Scotland's beauty revisted [Watch Video]