Got an iPad? Get our new WRAL News app
Posted September 24, 2012
Updated April 9, 2013
Ready to experience WRAL News in a new way? Download the new WRAL News app designed specifically for the iPad -- the most popular tablet available.
The free app helps users:
- Browse high-quality, high-resolution photos
- Easily find both live and on-demand video
- Read content specifically selected for iPad users, such as the latest technology news and investigative stories
- Set custom forecasts for cities of interest
- Control the interactive radar and our exclusive "Futurecast"
- Access related stories from the WRAL News archives
- Read comments on the day's top stories
- Submit video, photos and story tips
- Share content on Facebook and Twitter and by email
The app presents the top news visually, as a series of images and topics rather than a traditional list of headlines. It takes advantage of the unique features of the iPad, including swiping to move between stories, photos and videos. The app is designed to work in both landscape and portrait modes.
The iPad is the first of eight WRAL apps designed exclusively for the iPad. To see our complete inventory of apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Kindle, visit our Mobile download page.