WRAL guide to graduations around the Triangle
Posted May 7, 2016
Updated May 14
The grades are in, and the tests are over. Now, after years of work, college students around the Triangle will walk across the stage at graduation to begin the next chapter of their lives.
Here's what you need to know to navigate the graduations at colleges around the Triangle: Report It: Share your photos of the Class of 2017
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT CHAPEL HILL
– When: Sunday, May 14; ceremony begins at 9:00 a.m.
– Where: Kenan Memorial Stadium, 104 Stadium Dr., Chapel Hill, N.C. 27514
– Commencement speaker: Brooke Baldwin, CNN news anchor and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill graduate
– In case of inclement weather, school officials can delay or cancel commencement, but the ceremony will not be relocated.
– For more information, click here.
– When: Sunday, May 14; procession of candidates begins at 9:00 a.m., and the ceremony starts at 9:30 a.m.
– Where: Brooks Field at Wallace Wade Stadium, 110 Frank Basset Dr., Durham, N.C. 27708
– The commencement ceremony typically concludes by 11 a.m., and many departments host gatherings and diploma ceremonies in the afternoon.
For more information, click here.
NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY
– When: Saturday, May 13; commencement exercises begin at 9:00 a.m.
– Where: PNC Arena, 1400 Edwards Mill Rd., Raleigh, N.C. 27607
– Other college and departmental ceremonies take place at other times. For more information, click here.
– When: Saturday, May 13 at 7 p.m.
– Where: J.S. Dorton Arena on the N.C. State Fairgrounds, 1025 Blue Ridge Road, Raleigh
WILLIAM PEACE UNIVERSITY
– When: Saturday, May 6 at 9:30 a.m. until noon
– Where: University main lawn, 15 East Peace St., Raleigh
NORTH CAROLINA CENTRAL UNIVERSITY
– When: Saturday, May 13 at 8 a.m.
– Where: O'Kelly-Riddick Stadium, 1801 Fayetteville St., Durham
– Speakers: Retired astronaut Joan Higginbotham; Associate Justice of NC Supreme Court Mike Morgan
– When: Saturday, May 13, at 9 a.m.
– Where: John W. Pope, Jr. Convocation Center
– Speaker: Dr. Belle Wheelan, president of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
– When: Saturday, May 13
– Speaker: Endia Beal, assistant professor of art and director of the Diggs Gallery at Winston-Salem State University
WAKE TECH COMMUNITY COLLEGE
– When: Monday, May 8 at 7:30 p.m.
– Where: Raleigh Convention Center, 500 S. Salisbury St., Raleigh