Local News

Wilson woman dies in early morning house fire

Posted November 22, 2015

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

Map

— A woman died early Saturday morning after fire broke out in her Wilson home, authorities said.

According to authorities, a woman in her 70s, whose name was not released, and her two daughters were inside the home, at 208 Walnut Street, when fire broke out at about 2:30 a.m. The woman was believed to be using a kerosene heater to heat the home when she attempted to add fuel.

The woman's daughters told authorities they tried to get their mom out of the home, but that she was working to put out the blaze.

The home was a total loss.

No additional information was immediately availible.

2 Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all
  • Marcy Lyn Nov 23, 2015
    user avatar

    View quoted thread



    Got to find something to complain about.

  • Mike Hill Nov 22, 2015
    user avatar

    WRAL that is not a very nice graphic to go with the tragedy.