Wilson McDonald's burns on Christmas Day
Posted December 25, 2013
Wilson, N.C. — No one was injured Wednesday when fire struck outside business hours at a Wilson McDonald's.
Firefighters were first called to the restaurant at about 2:30 a.m., and when they got there saw heavy smoke pouring from inside.
A representative of Wilson Fire and Rescue said the building, at 5028 Raleigh Road Parkway West, was badly damaged and the roof was sagging in.
Just before noon, the blaze reignited, again sending black smoke pouring into the sky.
Investigators suspect the fire started accidentally, but they did not give an official cause.
The restaurant was closed for Christmas, so no one was inside and no one was injured.