Wilmington, N.C. — Georgia rock band Widespread Panic will headline this year's NC Azalea Festival in Wilmington this weekend.
They will play the Miller Lite Main Stage on North Front Street Friday and Saturday nights. Tickets are $60.
In its 67th year, the festival will include a street fair Friday through Sunday downtown, art shows, home and garden tours and a parade on Saturday.
Some festival highlights:
- Live music starts Thursday with the Off the Beaten Path Tour at the Miller Lite Main Stage featuring Justin Moore, Randy Houser and Josh Thompson. Tickets are $31.50.
- The Cole Brothers Circus will play the Wilmington International Airport Thursday through Sunday. Ticket prices: VIP $28, Reserved adult $25, Reserved child/senior $20.
- Cape Fear Garden Club Azalea Garden Tour has been featured in Southern Living magazine. This garden tour takes you to 13 different locations in the area. Tickets are $25.
- View 10 of Wilmington's historic homes during the annual Azalea Home Tour Saturday and Sunday. Proceeds go to the Historic Wilmington Foundation. Tickets are $25 until Friday. The price goes up $30 after that.
- Check out more than 300 arts and craft vendors, live music and more at the festival's free Street Festival downtown on Market, Front and Water streets Friday through Sunday. More than 40 food vendors will be on hand selling traditional fair food like funnel cakes, kettle corn and deep-fried Oreos. With a multi-cultural stage and children's area, this fest has a little bit of something for everyone.
- The annual Azalea Festival Parade will take place downtown on Saturday. Featuring floats, marching bands and more, the parade lasts from 9 a.m. until noon. Celebrity guest Calum Worthy, star of Disney's "Austin and Ally," will be in the parade. On Sunday, he will be signing autographs from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Kenny Barnes Studio on North Front Street. This is a free meet and greet and long lines are expected.
- Fireworks will light up the sky over the Cape Fear River in downtown Wilmington at 9 p.m. Saturday night.
Check out the NC Azalea Festival website to buy tickets and see a full schedule of events.