Here's the place to share your meal ideas for the evening, post where you bought the ingredients frugally and even share a recipe if you would like.
If you need some inspiration for your own dinner tonight, read the comments section to see what everyone else is having.
This week we are having the following meals:
I'm not sure what order they will be in - but here's the overall menu.
* Baked salmon, roasted sweet potatoes, salad
* Chicken & spinach quesadillas, creamed corn, clementines
* Green pepper pizza bites (see recipe link above for the zucchini version), crescent rolls and spaghetti and peas for those who do not like the idea of pizza in a green pepper. :-)
I really wanted to try the zucchini pizza bites recipe this weekend but I did not have any zucchini. I did have a green pepper, so I roasted it and then filled the little green pepper "boats" with marinara, sauteed mushrooms, shredded chicken and cheese. I baked them for about 8 minutes and they were great! So we are having them again this week - well, at least I am. You can see the photo of my green pepper pizza boats above.
* Breakfast for dinner: Veggie & cheese omelets, turkey bacon, fruit salad
* Garlic shrimp and veggies on a spinach salad, crusty bread