Stony Brook mobile home park residents return
Posted April 20, 2011
Raleigh, N.C. — Many residents of Stony Brook North mobile home park in Raleigh returned Wednesday to find piles of rubble and a few scattered belongings.
Not Carolina Suria – whose home was untouched.
“I feel so relieved,” she said.
Nearly a third of her neighbors homes were either damaged or destroyed.
Gregory Gilmore had been living there a month and now is homeless.
“What’s next for us is to see if we can salvage anything from our current residence, (and) of course, finding a new home to live in,” Gilmore said.
Gilmore went to the store before the storm hit. By the time he returned, it was over.
Gilmore lives across the street from a mobile home where three children died on Saturday. A fourth child died from her injuries on Tuesday.
Gilmore said he and his neighbors carry that pain as they try to rebuild.
“I just think it’s a terrible tragedy, and I hope and pray for the best for that family,” he said.