Focal Point: 'Twist of Fate'
"Focal Point: Twist of Fate" looks at advances in tornado forecasting and how future fatalities may be prevented. Hosted by WRAL News anchor and reporter Kelcey Carlson
"Twist of Fate" looks at three of North Carolina's most destructive tornadoes: the 2006 Riegelwood tornado that killed eight people in a Columbus County town, the 1988 tornado that landed in Raleigh and left an 84-mile trail of destruction, and the 1984 Carolinas tornado outbreak that was the worst in 100 years.
- What to do in a tornado
- Greg Fishel on what to do if a tornado strikes
- Storm brewing about tornado safety
- Mappable history of tornadoes
- 'Tornado!' strikes fear
Tornadoes in N.C.
- 45 years of tornadoes in North Carolina
- November notorious for N.C. tornadoes
- Tornado kills at least eight in Riegelwood, N.C.
- Raleigh residents remember tornado 27 years ago
- Easley issues disaster declaration after Riegelwood tornado
- Town hit by tornado rallies to clean up crime
- Storm victim: 'I laid down in fetal position, started to pray'
- Kenly tornado survivor gets new home
- Governor tours tornado damage areas
- Triad cleans up after two tornadoes
History of tornado forecasting
- Golden Anniversary of Tornado Forecasting
- USA Today: Celebrating 50 years of tornado forecasts
- History of SKYWARN
- NOAA: History of tornado forecasting
- Review of tornado forecasting
Published: 2009-05-31 14:43:00
Updated: 2016-06-29 12:01:40
Triangle Area Special Offers
— Sat 8:47 p.m.
— Sat 5:37 p.m.
— Sat 1:43 p.m.
— Fri 8:47 p.m.