County-by-county storm information
Updated: 5:00 p.m., Wed Nov 30 2016
W.A. Foster Rec. Center (Mina Weil Park)
1012 S. John St. Room 110.2
Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
As the City of Goldsboro residents return to their homes after the flood waters have receded they may find TEMPORARY CONDEMNED SIGNS. This means the residents can repair their homes. It does not mean the home is non-repairable and needs to be bulldozed. Residents are recommended not to stay in the residents until after FINAL INSPECTION.
The reason houses have been temporarily condemned is that there was water above the floor joist in the house. If there is water in the floor joist, that means the house may have mold contamination inside the house, which can make people sick, so they have condemned the houses for residents safety.
Steps to repair homes:
• Determine damage to home
• Contact City of Goldsboro Inspections Department for FREE permits
• Contact licensed contractor for electrical and mechanical (heat/air)
• If water was in home – mitigate 4 ft. of sheet rock and insulation
• Reinspections of electrical and mechanical
• Contact City of Goldsboro Inspections Department for FINAL inspections – TEMPORARY CONDEMNED SIGNS will be removed at this time once the inspections have been passed
Contact Info: Emergency Management
919-731-1416; firstname.lastname@example.org; http://www.waynegov.com//site/default.aspx?PageID=310
Contact Info: Utilities
To report a power outage, call 1- 800-POWER-ON or 1-800-419-6356 for Duke Energy Progress.
Check outage map: https://www.progress-energy.com/carolinas/home/storms-outages/outage-map/index.page?
For those who are wanting to help those residents impacted by floods, and who can safely access roadways into the City of Goldsboro, they can drop off donated goods at the Wayne Center, located at the Corner of George and Chestnut streets.
Triangle Area Special Offers
— Fri 1:15 p.m.
— Fri 1:15 p.m.
— Fri 5:30 a.m.
— Fri 4:43 a.m.
— Fri 4:22 a.m.