WRAL WeatherCenter Blog

Can I ask you what the front part of a hurricane or typhoon is called?

Posted May 13, 2008

MIKE MOSS SAYS:       Jan,      There isn't a real well-defined, standardized term for that that we can think of. Some common phrases that came to mind around the office include things like leading outer rain bands, forward edge, outer windfield, forward fringes, etc.


This blog post is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all