Local News

Wayne County blaze kills 1 person, injures 2nd

Posted May 7, 2007
Updated May 7, 2008

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— One person died and a second was injured Monday in a house fire that began in a clothes dryer, Wayne County sheriff's deputies said.

They did not identify the victims because relatives had not been notified, but said the person who died was trying to help the other, bed-ridden person from the home at 1884 Memorial Church Road.

The injured person was in critical condition at Wayne Memorial Hospital, deputies said.


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all
  • pikemom1 May 7, 2007

    NewMom,I agree.I don't understand WRAL.The Reflector (Greenville paper) put a block address NOT the actual address,maybe WRAL needs to take heed.

  • newmommy06 May 7, 2007

    So, they won't identify them, but they will post the street address? Anyway, praying for this family.