Warrant: Slain Durham teen shot in head
Posted September 4, 2015
Durham, N.C. — A Durham teen who was found dead in a roadside ditch last week had been shot multiple times, including once in the head, according to a search warrant released Friday.
Dymond Patrice Fowler, 19, and her best friend, 17-year-old Alexis Patterson, were abducted from a Durham motel on Aug. 24 and were shot in the 4700 block of Glenn Road. Patterson was shot in the face but survived by pretending to be dead and later running to a nearby home for help.
The Durham County Sheriff's Office obtained a search warrant for a room at a Red Roof Inn on North Pointe Drive, stating that investigators received a tip that relatives of the girls had been held hostage there. No one was in the room when law enforcement arrived, but there was evidence that both teens had been in the room earlier, according to the affidavit Deputy R. J. Christie provided to obtain the search warrant.
Investigators seized two receipts and unspecified latent evidence from the room, the warrant states.
The following people have been arrested in the case:
- Niajel Quashaun Slade, 23, of 2507 E. Main St. in Durham, charged with first-degree murder, kidnapping and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill.
- Brittany Sharnell Lassiter, 22, of 5903 Ludgate Drive in Durham, charged with first-degree murder, kidnapping and felony conspiracy.
- Jesus Arce, 24, address unavailable, charged with first-degree murder, first-degree kidnapping and felony conspiracy.
- Dominique Faulkner, 19, address unavailable, charged with first-degree murder, two counts of felony conspiracy and felony probation violation.
- Alezia Clay, 19, of 3507 Thornwood Drive, charged with first-degree murder, two counts of first-degree kidnapping and two counts of felony conspiracy.
All five are being held without bond in the Durham County jail.