Local News

Warehouse, barns, tobacco burned in Roseboro

Posted August 26, 2009

Map Marker  Find News Near Me


— A tobacco warehouse and three barns were destroyed Wednesday morning in a fire in Roseboro.

Greg Wise, chief of the Herring Volunteer Fire Department, said the fire, in the 1600 block of Williams Lake Road, was reported just before 8 a.m. More than three dozen firefighters from seven departments responded to battle the blaze.

Wise said it appeared that an electrical malfunction was the source of the fire. Some tobacco stored in the barns burned, along with the structures. There was no word Wednesday on how much damage cost.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all