Walmart deals 2/22: Chicken breast, Coke, cantaloupe & more!
Posted February 23, 2015
Walmart has some good grocery deals in the ad this week including chicken breast, Coke, cantaloupe, oranges & more! There is also a change to the Savings Catcher price-match program.
Savings Catcher program change: Unfortunately, Walmart is no longer price-matching the drug store sales or produce and bakery sales. Here is the e-mail I received:
These deals are valid February 22, 2014 – February 28, 2015
Boneless, skinless chicken breast, $1.99/lb
Raw shrimp, frozen, 12 oz select, $5.98
Wild salmon fillets, frozen, skinless, 2 lb, $9.88
Marketside Garden salad, 12 oz. bag., $1.66
Tomatoes on the vine, $1.98/lb
Navel oranges, 8 lbs, $5.98
Plum Organics baby food pouch, 4 oz,m $1.38 - $1 coupon from their website = .38
Chef Boyardee canned pasta, ,75
Green Giant canned veggies, 15 oz, .88
Wild Oats organic black beans, 15 oz, .92
Wild Oats organic canned green beans or corn, 14.5 - 15.25 oz, .98
Del Monte Mandarin oranges, 15 oz, $1.00
Eggo waffles or pancakes, select 10 count, $2 - $1 coupon from kelloggsfamilyrewards.com when you redeem 850 reward points = $1.00
Coke products, select, 2 ltr, $1.00
Gerber Graduates Puffs, or Crunchies baby snacks, select, $1.88 - $1/3 coupon from Smart Shopper coupons link above
Pepsi 6 pack, bottles, $2.50
Kraft American Cheese singles, 16 oz, $3.98
Softsoap body wash, 15 - 18 oz, $2.97 - .75/1 coupon from 2/22 SS
Schick Xtreme3 razor, select, $5.97 - $3 coupon from 2/22 SS
Ol Roy dog food, various 50 lbs, $19.98
Savings Catcher Price Match Program
If you shop at Walmart, you need to be taking advantage of their price match program called Savings Catcher. If you do a lot of your weekly shopping at Walmart, this will help you get sale prices from other stores with very little effort. shop at other stores like Kroger and Food Lion, who don't double coupons, you may find this price match program allows you to cut out multiple trips to various stores, while still getting the best area sale prices. Even if you already price match at the register (which you can still continue to do), this can save you money by catching any prices you didn't realize were lower at another store.
How It Works:
If a local competitor offers a lower advertised price on an item you purchased at Walmart, the Savings Catcher program allows you to get back the difference on a Walmart Rewards eGift Card. You basically get a rebate for the price match.
To get the price match rebate, you must submit your receipt to the Savings Catcher. There are 3 ways to submit receipts:
1. Enter the receipt number at Walmart.com/savingscatcher. You will need to sign in using your Walmart account information or sign up for a walmart.com account. The receipt number (TC number) is located near the bottom of your Walmart store receipt.
2. Scan the code at the bottom of your store receipt with the scanner found in the Savings Catcher section of the Walmart app.
3. Register your phone number through the Walmart app or debit card reader located at in-store checkout. Every time you check out at a Walmart store, enter your phone number and Walmart will submit your receipt to Savings Catcher for you.
Once you submit your receipt, Savings Catcher compares the prices of the products you bought at Walmart to the sale prices found in the competitor ads for your area. The ads must be valid at the time you made your Walmart purchase.
If Savings Catcher finds an advertised lower price, you’ll get back the difference on a Walmart Rewards eGift Card!
You will get your price match results within 72 hours of submitting your receipt. They will send the results via email or through the Walmart app.
* You can submit up to 7 receipts per week to Savings Catcher.
* You can save up to $599.99 per year with this program.
* You can use coupons at the register and still get the price match.
* The ads must be valid at the time you made your Walmart purchase and include a specific item price.
* Only applies to in-store purchases.
* Now supported in the Walmart app for both iPhone and Android. Just click on the Savings Catcher button from the home screen to submit receipts or see your results.
Items included in this program:
- Most groceries such as cereal, rice and pasta.
- Cleaning and paper products like paper towels, bleach and trash bags.
- Health and beauty items.
- Select general merchandise items. The number of general merchandise items compared will continue to expand over the coming months.
There are a number of items that are not included in the Savings Catcher program including items that require a separate purchase to get the advertised price, BOGO sales where no price is listed, percent off prices (like 30% off an item), going out of business or closeout prices, online purchases,
Also excluded are store brands, deli, bakery and weighed items like meat, electronics, media and gaming, toys, sporting goods, housewares, small appliances, home décor, bedding, books and magazines, apparel and shoes, jewelry, furniture, office supplies and seasonal products, tobacco, firearms, gasoline, tires, prescription drugs, optical and photo products and services, or products that require a service agreement such as wireless, automotive or financial products.
Program update 2/13/15: As of February 13, 2015, Walmart is no longer price-matching produce, bakery and drug store deals through the Savings Catcher program.
For more information about this program, head to the FAQ section at Savingscatcher.walmart.com/faq.