Wake Forest house fire injures man
Posted September 28, 2011
Wake Forest, N.C. — An accident during car repairs sparked a house fire that burned a Wake Forest man Tuesday evening, firefighters said.
Randy Meares set up a light to see while he was replacing a fuel pump on his vehicle in his garage at 5209 Trophy Trail around 5 p.m., Wake Forest Assistant Fire Chief David Davis said. The fuel pump fell on the light, igniting a fire.
Firefighters contained the blaze to the garage, but Meares was burned, Davis said.
He was in fair condition at the North Carolina Jaycees Burn Center at UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill Wednesday morning.
Authorities said no foul play is suspected. An estimate of damage to the house hasn't been completed.