Local News

Wake Forest home damaged in fire

Posted June 28, 2013

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

Map

— A Wake Forest family's dinner out was disrupted Friday evening when their home caught fire.

Trish and Tony Crabtree rushed home to 1126 Corrina Road to find the flames under control. But by then, the fire can seriously damaged their home.

Multiple fire departments were called out just before 7 p.m.

Storms may have sparked home fire Storms may have sparked home fire

Investigators were working to determine if the fire was started by a lightning strike. Trish Crabtree said she believed lightning struck the ground near a gas line and that ignited the house. 

A neighbor, Brian Neal, described hearing what sounded like a huge explosion. "It's just sad to see the house like that," he said.

Neal and others were providing support to the Crabtrees as they plan what to do next.

Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all