Local News

Volunteer Fire Station Catches Fire

Posted October 11, 2007

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— Firefighters didn't have far to go Thursday morning to respond to a reported fire.

An electrical short caused a fire at the Hobgood Volunteer Fire Department station, at 103 Commerce St., at about 10:15 a.m. Thursday, authorities said. No injuries were reported.

The department's pumper truck was destroyed in the fire, and the station sustained some damage to the truck bay, authorities said. There was no estimate on the amount of damage.


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all