Videri, La Farm Bakery among Martha Stewart American Made finalists
Posted September 16, 2014
Raleigh, N.C. — Videri Chocolate Factory in downtown Raleigh has been named a finalist for a Martha Stewart American Made award. The award, which honors locally owned, small businesses in the categories of crafts, design, food and style, will be given to 10 businesses. It includes $10,000 to help grow the business, a trip to New York City, a feature on Martha Stewart's website and a spot in the Martha Stewart American Made Market.
Videri is a finalist in the Food: Sweets and Baked Goods category. Sam Ratto and his wife, Starr Sink, opened Videri in the warehouse district in January 2012.
The chocolate factory isn't the only Triangle-area business vying for the honor.
- La Farm Bakery - This Cary staple is also a finalist in the Foods: Sweets and Baked Goods category. We love their freshly baked bread and desserts!
- Mae'd Bakery - Based in Carrboro, this business serves up "Recovery Bars," to help nourish women post-labor.
- White Whale Bold Mixers - This Durham company blends exotic juices and garden-fresh herbs to create some tasty cocktails. Just add the recommend liquor and you are all set! Corey Mason and Dave Staples are finalists in the Food: Bottles, Jarred and Canned category.
- Raleigh Cake Pops - Anne Flanagan of Creedmoor creates these bite-sized treats.
- Freshly Given - Whitney Robinson of Durham created this company in 2012. This style category finalist creates simple beauty through locally sourced scrap leather and minimalist concepts.
- Little Grey Line - This company takes no-longer-used button down dress shirts and turns them into cute outfits for little girls. Also a style finalist.
- Raleigh Workshop - What originally started as just Raleigh Denim has expanded to include men's and women's collections. Also a style finalist.
Got to Be NC has a list of other food companies in the state that are also finalists in the competition.
Online voting for the Audience Choice Winner began this week and continues through Oct. 13. Judges will select nine winners, with the last winner being selected by the audience online. Winners will be announced by Oct. 17.