Local News

Victim in Ocean Isle Fire Intoxicated

Posted December 28, 2007

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— The state medical examiner found alcohol contributed to the death of one of victims of the Ocean Isle Beach fire.

Cassidy Pendley, 18, died from carbon monoxide poisoning, according to an autopsy report. It also stated she was alive when the fire started, but was intoxicated. The report said alcohol intoxication was "a significant contributing condition."

Pendley and six other college students from South Carolina died in the Oct. 28 fire.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all