The Triangle seems to be popping up on countless lists for the best restaurants around.
Here's a rundown of the the eateries getting honored and for what:
What? The 10 Best Restaurants in Raleigh
Who? The Culture Trip, an international travel website
Who made the cut (in no particular order):
- The Angus Barn
- 42nd Street Oyster Bar
- Neomonde Bakery and Deli
- Plates Neighborhood Kitchen
- The Pit
- 18 Seaboard
- St. Jacques French Cuisine
- Bida Manda
- MachuPicchu Peruvian Cuisine
- Glenwood Grill
What? Top 15 N.C. Sandwich Shops
Who? Scoutology travel blog
Who made the cut:
- Toast in Durham came in at number two on the list. It was cited for its "exquisite paninis, tramezzinis and crostinis."
- The Rockford came in at number five. The Raleigh favorite was selected for its "excellent sandwiches like the apple bacon cheddar with sesame honey glaze."
- Peppers Market and Sandwich Shop in Morrisville was named the 12th best in the state for its "hot and cold sandwiches like roast beef and brie or in-house roasted pork loin sandwiches."
What? 6 Great Small Cities for Food Lovers
Who? Wall Street Journal
Who made the cut: Durham and Raleigh each got shout outs with these restaurants getting mentions
- Piedmont, Durham
- G2B, Durham
- Nana's, Durham
- JuJu, Durham
- Vin Rouge, Durham
- Poole's Downtown Diner, Raleigh
What? 15 N.C. Restaurants that will 'Blow Your Mind'
Who? Real estate blog Motovo
Who made the cut from the Triangle and a quote from the blog on why:
- Guasaca, Raleigh - "Their arepas are pretty incredible, make sure you go heavy on their amazing cilantro sauce."
- Dame's Chicken and Waffles, Durham - "It doesn’t get more Southern than chicken & waffles and there’s no better place to get them than from Dame’s."
- The Blue Note Grill, Durham - "Not only is the food awesome, there always seems to be live music playing. The pulled pork seems to be the sandwich favorite, but just make sure you don’t leave without trying the fried banana peppers."
- Johnny's Pizza, Apex - "After one bite of Johnny’s pies it’s easy to tell they use some of the freshest ingredients around."
- Salt and LIme Cabo Grill, Raleigh - "Offering up some of the best Tex-Mex in Raleigh, this place has some of the most explosive flavors around. While everything on the menu is delicious, it’s hard to top the braised short rib tacos."
What? Top 20 Cocktail Bars in NC
Who? Travel blog Scoutology
Who made the cut:
- Bittersweet, Raleigh - No. 8 on the list was highlighted for its part coffee shop, part bakery, part cocktail bar approach.
- C. Grace, Raleigh - No. 10 on the list for its "strong and flavorful drinks like The Blood & Sand with scotch, sweet vermouth, orange juice and Cherry Heering."
- The Architect and Social House, Raleigh - No. 11 on the list for its "seasonal menu of locally sourced, craft cocktails."
- Foundation, Raleigh - Named No. 2 on the list for tis "creative cocktails to fit every price range and excellent whiskey choices."
- Alley Twenty-Six, Durham No. 19 also has "artisan cheese and chocolates to accompany your craft cocktails."
- Primal Food and Spirits, Durham - This gluten-free restaurant and bar came in at No. 20 for its cocktails that include ingredients like rosemary syrup and juniper berries.
- The Crunkleton, Chapel Hill - Coming in at No. 6, it was cited for its more than 500 liquors on hand.
What? The South's Best Fried Chicken
Who? Southern Living Magazine
Who made the cut: