Driving rules for intersections
Posted December 21, 2009
As drivers approach the intersection of Guess Road and N.C. Highway 57 in Orange County, they should follow these right-of-way rules:
- The first vehicle to the intersection has the right of way ahead of any vehicle that has not yet arrived.
- When two or more vehicles reach an intersection at the same time, the vehicle to the right has the right of way.
- The vehicle with the right of way may move straight ahead or, if legal and after signaling, turn left or right.
- When two facing vehicles approach an intersection at the same time, both drivers can move straight ahead or turn right. If one driver is going straight while the other wants to turn left, the driver who wants to turn left must yield. The driver who is traveling straight ahead has the right of way; and
- Even with the right of way, remember to use the appropriate turn signals and be careful to avoid hitting other vehicles and pedestrians.